Tale of pink sea sails

My photo

CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT STUDENT !!!

DANCER , MUSIC AND FASHION LOVER & OCCASIONALLY A  BADMINTON PLAYER. LOVE TO READ NOVELS (ESPECIALLY FICTION) , ANCHORING AND OF COURSE BLOGGING :)


I'm a girl sailing away in search of tomorrow on every shore with girly pink sails learning to develop problem solving skills, battling crazy uncontrollable winds & rough waves .People might laugh at my pink sails but I'm determined to make it stylish and girly. They might treat me just like a book . If the cover doesn't catch the eyes they might refuse to read what is inside me but I refuse to be anchored at the harbour. Adventure and exploring are what I need. It's called the tale of pink sea sails. 


Thursday, 14 July 2016

YOUR CHOICE NOT THEIR'S !

Education , the art of learning things around us is a part and parcel of life. It is the basic  right of every human being. Well being of the society depends on the well being of the people. In the recent past various steps have been taken by the government to improve education status in the country. Students have abundant options to choose from. But are you choosing your career wisely ? Are you doing what you like ?

Career is something that helps us support ourselves throughout our lives making it one of the important decisions in life. It's a well known saying that if you choose a job you love you will not have to work a single day in your life. But for the past few years I have noticed most of the younger generation in the Indian society choosing something what their parents like, choosing something that they feel is a prestige in the society or choosing something because you want all your friends in the same college/university. 
Have you ever asked yourself  " what's my choice ? " . Do you really want to become an engineer, a doctor , a pilot or a lawyer ? Or did u just get into it because somebody kept pressing on you too much ? In the end all you see is a lack of interest among students , peer pressure and increase in suicide rates.

At the age of 13 I decided to become a Chartered Accountant. My parents have been supporting my choice since then . A number of people poured in with discouraging statements saying " Oh my God! why such a difficult path ? Why not medical or engineering instead ? " . Like medical and engineering are easy. I politely pushed them aside saying " It's my choice !" .

I used to hear my friends saying " I wanted to study psychology but my dad wanted me to become an engineer or my mom wanted me to become a doctor" . But did you ever consider what you would like to be in the future ? No you didn't . Because that's the way you are brought up. You are compared with others. you tried to compete with others .
Competition cannot be accepted unless it's a healthy competition. Comparing yourself and trying to impress the rest of the society will not lead you anywhere.

I wish more parents in India would ASK their kids " What they would like to become ? " instead of TELLING them "What they should become ? ". It would bring out the unique talent in each and every one of them. I also wish that more students in the future would be bold enough to do what they like. After all " The choice is your's . Not their's ! "





No comments:

Post a Comment